• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 shift cable bracket

welpro222

Thought I would just throw this out there for someone looking for a 700r4 shift cable bracket. Its not mine, but I found this on ebay and I know some people are looking for one.

*** removed ebay link ***

linkage.JPG

**** A warning to the original poster (and everyone else), posting of active ebay or craigslist links are not allowed on this site unless they are your own ****

Last edited by a moderator:

jpg

Thanks! Is this really the right part?

My son grabbed this for me. I think it's his way of giving me a subtle hint to upgrade to the 700R4. Eyeballing other pictures elsewhere on SS, this looks like the right part to me, but I'm far from an expert. If it's not the right part, I'd appreciate a "heads up" so I can keep looking. I don't want to find out after taking out the TH400.

Thanks,
-jpg
DSCF2726.jpgDSCF2725.jpgDSCF2724.jpgDSCF2723.jpg

welpro222

Thats the main part of that system you'll need for the 700r4. Now you just need the kick down cable/adjustment that goes from there to the tranny, it should be available new online. All the Injector pumps have the provision on the throttle bell that this hooks up to. Make sure you have the cable adjusted right or you can burn up a 700r4 very quick.

jpg

OK. Thanks.

I have no experience wrenching on automatic transmissions. A local garage specializes maintenance on 1-ton pickups around here. They take care of the landscapers, and they've cared for my C3500 for years. I do the basic maintenance. I use them for inspections and anything outside my comfort zone.

Is a shop like that capable of this transmission swap? Or should I take it to a transmission shop? Can anyone recommend a shop near Boston? Or perhaps an SS member in the area might be interested in helping with this project. I like wrenching, but I don't have the experience to handle this alone.

sweetk30

there is a STICKY thread up top here on bad / good tv cables for 700r4 trannys . EDIT : its in the modify cucv section . . . http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?99718-700R4-TV-Cable-WARNING!!!!!

fyi the 700r4 is 27 spline output tail shaft .

the th400 is 32 spline .

so you will need a 700r4 with transfer case that match both . or your going to have to find a new / good used 27 spline input gear for the 208 case you have now and tear it all apart and swap it over .

few other things also others will chime in on for diesel specific swaps .

welpro222

Not to mention you'll need the T/C lockup wiring and switches, 1x for the brake pedal and 1x for the injector pump. Its almost better to find a junkyard chevy 6.2 1/2 ton truck or a 3/4 that had the 700r4 option and remove all the parts from it. The only other option is too disable lockup on the 700r4 and configure it to send fluid to the cooler at all times. This is how mine is setup now. I'm not sure how it was done, because I bought it like this. I had it confirmed by a tranny shop that the previous owner modified it this way. If you tow or haul, T/C lockup would not be used much at all.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bracket is the correct one for the 700R4 diesel setup. As stated is just one piece of the puzzle (hardest to find)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks