• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 swap

mmcwill56

I'm new here and will get in trouble I'm sure for not finding a similar but here goes. I own a 86 K10 short bed and I'm taking it out of service for to do a frame off build. My 84 m1008 was driven when it should not have been. The torque converter bolts that bolt it to the flex plate had all worked their way out, three of the five we're sheared off. Can my 700r4 along with the transfer case bolt right up or is it a bfd.

Iceman3005

Yes, you will need a flex plate for the 700r4, tv cable bracket and rod, and a hot wire to a switch for torque converter lockup.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Iceman3005

I do these swaps all the time. Also a new torque convertor with a 1200 stall is highly recommended.

nyoffroad

Yes, you will need a flex plate for the 700r4, tv cable bracket and rod, and a hot wire to a switch for torque converter lockup.

Summit racing has a lock up kit that's much MUCH better than a hot switch, cost is about a hundred bucks and make the TC lock up automatically and then uses a cruise control brake switch to unlock. It's all automatic and you'll never forget to unlock it burn up the TC or stall the engine.

Iceman3005

700r4 and the 4l60e share almost all the same components. Most things are interchangeable. 4l60e is easier to fine tune as far as shift points, shift firmness, ect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks