• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 TV cable bracket substitute?

llong66

I found a link to this on another site, the person said they are for the hummer with the turbo 400 but could be made to work with a few mods. I have not seen the actual bracket for the 700R4, but for those that have, or have done the swap and have one, could this be made to work? They say they are "a dime a dozen" Any thoughts?

https://www.real4wd.com/zedSuite/catalog/partdetail.aspx?PartNo=12339141

Or, could something like in the pic here be made to work? As I said, I have not actually seen one, but it seems if the cable end fit, it could be mae to fit in the proper location on the engine?

mafBa-HVThkT_7TfQg_KNYw.jpg

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you posted the wrong picture.

Here are some pictures of the factory brackets. Notice that there is a long rod that connects the cable to the pump.

TV bracket.jpgTV bracket2.jpgTV bracket3.jpg

Chaski

I'd scour every craigslist ad and pick-n-pull first... But I think you could make something that would work just fine. Buy the two brackets you have shown and the HMMWV link. https://www.real4wd.com/zedSuite/catalog/partdetail.aspx?partno=12339149

Straighten (and later shorten) the link, use the HMMWV bracket but hack and weld it to move the mount and guide over to the valley side of the hole into the water jacket instead of the drivers side. I think you would also need to mount the rectangular housing mount a little further forward to make it similar to the OEM bracket. After all that you just need to hook up the cable, and make the link the correct length to fully extend the TV cable at WOT, ideally with the TV cable housing centered in its adjustment span.

The hard part of having correct TV cable geometry is already done, as the connector for the rod is already at the correct radius and angle from the center of the throttle shaft.

Attachments

Last edited:

llong66

Thanks for all the replies! I have not had alot of experience with the 700R4 other than a firebird my EX had when I put a shift kit in it for her and had to adjust it then. My understanding and it may be wrong it that once the cable end is hooked up to the inj. pump, you just need a solid, firm location to hold the adjuster at the correct location from the cacle end, then do the adj. procedure and your good to go. Am I wrong in this? I have not actually seen one hooked up to a diesel, and Corelokt, as this is something that I wont be doing till next spring after recovering $$ wise from my 6.5l turbo build, I havent looked real hard. As I said, from my, at this time, limited unerstanding of the system, thought fabricating one might be an option.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak intelligently about the M998 but that isn't the rod for the 6.2/700R4 bracket.

nyoffroad

on the hunt for a bracket and cable for my 700R4 that I'm getting put on my M998. Is this the cable? Where to find the bracket?
No it's not, but in a pinch I'd make it work! Looks like it would need to be straightened and shortened. Get it close and then use the adjustment on the cable for fine tuning.

davykeith

I have found a generic kick down bracket that should work for the 700R4 according to the company I purchased my HD700r4. It can be located on Ebay with a simple search of: Chevy GM Kick Down Cable Bracket and looks like the photo here.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diesel is very specific. Cables can be dealt with by length but the bracket for the 6.2 is used to maintain the correct geometry. Honestly, it could be tabbed up.

cucvrus

Diesel is very specific. Cables can be dealt with by length but the bracket for the 6.2 is used to maintain the correct geometry. Honestly, it could be tabbed up.
Thanks you answered my question. Chaski the drawings are not very helpful to me. If it don't fit I am OK with that. I am not going thru the trouble to remove it and measure it. Thank you. He is buying the transmission and was telling me they are the same. I thought not but I left him talk. He did NOT buy it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks