• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

72-2500 Exciter

dcfostermn

It would help if you told us what gen set it goes to. Looks like a 30 KW, maybe a MEP-005A?

Whats wrong with the one you have?
I am guessing it is an MEP005A, but there is no data plate verifying this. The plate says 72-500, 30KW.

I don't have access to the generator directly ... it is located in Haiti. I provide them support as best I can. The mechanic there working on it has just asked for a new exciter assembly. I haven't been able to find any leads on one, not even a part number.

Any help is appreciated.

dcfostermn

I don't have access to the generator directly ... it is located in Haiti. I provide them support as best I can. The mechanic there working on it has just asked for a new exciter assembly. I haven't been able to find any leads on one, not even a part number.

Any help is appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
72-500 is the part number. 107D240G01 is also a part number. I looked through fleebay, nothing. Put a want add in the forum. Try green mountain. Try a guy in fleebay with the name, I think of cowsil?

Better yet, ask whats wrong with the one on site. Testing is easy. Read the book. Could be just diodes. Or the exciter stator. I think I even saw one while looking in fleebay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks