• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

72 M35A2 Recovery

91W350

I think Cookiemann was talking about how far he made it before his top tore. I know he ran at least six hours the first day.

If one of these guys with lots of deuce time offers to ride along or convoy with you, it will be a great asset to your recovery. Just a little experience helps a lot! Glen

Last edited:

bigjmcconnell

Man, that stinks. Although if you sold your bike, you would be in a nice position to pick up another deal. Not sure what the bike is worth but I have seen nice working deuces around me for $5-6K sometimes less.

I'm picking up my first M35A2 Friday. I think its a basket case and may be a parts truck. We'll see. I'll be trailering it.

bulldawg

I feel your pain, Danny. The same thing happened to my deal on the 710 Pinz but it worked out for the better. I had to travel to Arkansas to pick up my 712 amb but it is in so much better shape it made it worth the trip. Hope your situation turnes out like that.

ryker725

Man... Drive down to Ken's ATV's in Louisiana and buy a road worthy Deuce for under $4 grand that has all of the paperwork ready to go to the DMV.. He has some A2's and an A3 now I believe (although he wants like 7K for th A3)..

****, he is a ATV and motorcycle dealer, so he will probably make a trade deal like you had with the re-neg dude.. Plus Ken is good people.. I bought my deuce from him..

Google - Ken's ATV's and look at his MV section...

danny81

Thanks for the info ryker, I checked his website out and he's got some decent prices.

I was looking around the classifieds and I think I may have found a better one plus a 105 trailer.
We shall see, Definetly not getting my hopes up just yet

ARYankee I'm sure we'll see ya around, If you ever get up this way be sure to give us a holler.

Good luck with the recovery bigjmcconnell

03silverado

Hopefully you'll find something nicer for less id keep an eye on GL I've seen nice deuces go cheap also if you want an A3 you can get one from GL much cheaper than you would from an individual
:grd:

03silverado

Hopefully you'll find something nicer for less id keep an eye on GL I've seen nice deuces go cheap also if you want an A3 you can get one from GL much cheaper than you would from an individual
:grd:

danny81

Well It all worked out, Wound up getting a deuce and a trailer. I picked up my first deuce from FLYXPL a member on here and a great guy, Thanks Joe. It was a pretty uneventful 246 miles, 5hrs 39 min. It drove great and the only set backs were swapping one of the front hubs and no windshield wipers, and the exhaust leak that had me buzzed for the whole trip.
First thing I have to do is get that exhaust leak taken care of, Anybody know where I can pick up a exhaust manifold gasket?
I'll post pics as soon as I can

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck. Easier to go down to NAPA and get FELPRO #2499. 12" X 28" flat exhaust gasket. Just cut the gasket out. That is what I did for my 5 ton. :mrgreen:

cookeemann

To make that trip in ten hours, you would have had to average 68 mph, so either the trip was much shorter then you think, or it took more like 14 hours.
But congrats on the recovery!

Yeah, it took two days altogether but we were smart and didn't get in a hurry. Top lasted about 30 min's into the second day after the first day of about 6-8 hours, then at about 7.45 hours, it finally flopped up enough to require duct tape, which I think is a good idea to take with you on any soft top recovery. I got lucky with my second soft top last week as I drove all the way home and it's still in one piece.

68 MPH, wouldn't that be nice. (scary too)

Cheers,

Cookemann:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks