• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

73M819's New CUCV

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The process can't be any different then titling another vehicle. I might just have to call back and try the nice guy routine. If that doenst work, I might just keep calling back and asking. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll call the head DMV office. I know it is just a title, but I'd still like to have one since I'm moving out of state soon.
Blue2...did you get a title when you bought the truck in LA?

Don't ask me to explain this...but on vehicles 86 and older...GA will not issue a title (without a fight) UNLESS you have a title!!
That means...if you buy a pre 86 vehicle with only a bill of sale, all you get is tags and registration.
If you have an actual title then you can get a GA title.

At least that's what I was told...by DMV here.

I had your KY title so I turned that in and I am SUPPOSED to get a GA title in a few weeks.

I can link you up with Wayne at GA Tag & Title if ya want...he has all the poop and will help out for a few bucks and save you some time/frustration.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yea I have title from the P.O. The lady at the DMV told that it didnt matter if I had the PO's title. She said because it's an 84, they would not title it at all. Period. End of Story. I'll talk to you about your contact and see if he can get me a title.
Hmmm...did you go to Muscogee or Chattahoochie County tag office?

Wayne got me a title for my 66 Ford Fairlane.

sandcobra164

The process can't be any different then titling another vehicle. I might just have to call back and try the nice guy routine. If that doenst work, I might just keep calling back and asking. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll call the head DMV office. I know it is just a title, but I'd still like to have one since I'm moving out of state soon.
It shouldn't make a difference whether you know the lady's in the tag office or not. Problem with CUCV's is they have an actual 17 digit VIN that is recognized as "Military" in most database's. Without a title, the lady's have to operate outside their normal routine to work on issuing a title. I may have gotten lucky on my CUCV because it was never registered in the US, it was destined to get a F/F apparatus, go hang out in the cave of Norway for some time and then come home 25 years later. Mine's VIN never registered in the DMV although GEICO picked up the VIN and the insurance card reads that it's "military". The DMV caught it but the local tag office didn't. Send me a bill of sale and I'll sell it back to ya!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It shouldn't make a difference whether you know the lady's in the tag office or not. Problem with CUCV's is they have an actual 17 digit VIN that is recognized as "Military" in most database's. Without a title, the lady's have to operate outside their normal routine to work on issuing a title. I may have gotten lucky on my CUCV because it was never registered in the US, it was destined to get a F/F apparatus, go hang out in the cave of Norway for some time and then come home 25 years later. Mine's VIN never registered in the DMV although GEICO picked up the VIN and the insurance card reads that it's "military". The DMV caught it but the local tag office didn't. Send me a bill of sale and I'll sell it back to ya!!![/QUOTE]

Sure ya will...just like you sold me the south half of Albany and promised everybody would move when I showed up!:roll:
They called me a liar...said I didn't buy the place and threw me out!

3dAngus

Georgia does not title pres 1985 vehicles. It can be very difficult to title any former military vehicle, due to the disinformation put out by the Atlanta help desk. You have to find someone at the local county office, or find a way to get to the title managers office direct,which is a surburb of Atlanta and seperate from the DMV office in Atlanta, where the local county office is accustomed to working with on these issues.
I was lucky, I thought, when our local manager got hooked up with the title office direct, after working with the DMV in Atlanta, and I applied for title for both a 1993 M35A3 and a 1972 M109A3, whitch is beyond normal acceptance le date for title in Ga.
Both were personnally worked by the head assistant to the title manager, and both got titled in about two weeks, which is rare for thestate. A month later, I got a formal letter fromthe DMV saying IHadto return the title on the 1972. I ignored and and transferred the title to another out of state buyer with full disclosure of the letter.
The Ga. DMV is one of the worst in the country, but I give credit to Thea Tubal title office, who definitely have their a t together. Using kindle fire keyboard. Please excuse typos.

3dAngus

This was a duplicate entry that cannot be deleted, thus this is an exit. Disregard.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Sure ya will...just like you sold me the south half of Albany and promised everybody would move when I showed up!:roll:
They called me a liar...said I didn't buy the place and threw me out![/QUOTE]

I sold you the south half of Albany, New York!!! Go up there and ask them, you are the proud owner of a bunch of concrete to include a bridge or two:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks