• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7520lbs and 130 hp

Keith_J

I was over 16,000 pounds combined at the dump one time. Never got above 45 MPH.

1980s era turbos start spooling at 1800 and get meaningful boost at 2200 RPM. The problem is the 80 cubic millimeters of diesel each time a cylinder has a power stroke when you don't have enough air. Smoke is wasted energy. And exhaust gas temperature.

There are better turbochargers. Not waste gated either, there is a lot of truth in that name. Variable geometry gets boost down low yet opens up to prevent excessive back work.

cucvrus

The new LS V8 engines have excellent power to weight ratio. I seen a 1984 K30 with a 2016 5.3 gas engine in it. Looked almost original under the hood. Lots of room left over. I wouldn't and couldn't do it. This had a wiring kit that made everything nice and neat. A/C and all. The truck is in uncommonly good shape. Mild lift and clean. Modern 2019 5.3 gas in a 1/2 ton pickup is 375 HP. Not shabby. My 2014 4.3 V6 was 275 HP. I could tell it was a 6 cylinder on long hills loaded heavy. But normal driving it was like the old 5.3 V8.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
One may buy the engine or engine/transmission that is in the new JLTV built by Banks.

JLV road test

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy a different Truck.
One that was actually designed for what you’re requiring.
CUCVs were never meant for power.

Sticker on my 1987 M1008A1 engine says 155hp. Bone stock.
It does everything I ask if it.
But I also know it’s NOT a Duramax, Cummins or whatever Turbocharged engine and treat it accordingly.

Always amuses me when someone (there are many) buys a CUCV and slaps on big tires and add lots of weight and then complains about no power or speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks