• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7MC-2A air compressor Questions???

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The threads on a Davey 7MC-2A Rotary air compressor are scarce. Looking for advice on proper start up. Looks like the one we got has set for a long time and is drained. Any and all info, for procedure, types of oil and filters would be great. Hr meter reads 133. As always Thanks.:?:
Bob.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing that would help people in the future searching for information about this would be to put something in the title about the equipment. "How to??" doesn't tell anyone what the thread is about so good chance many people (including some that might be able to help you) will just skip over it.

Gunzy

Is it diesel? If so I would use 15w40 motor oil in the engine. I wouldn't think there are any other fliuds besides antifreeze which a good quality etholine glycol would be fine for.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it diesel? If so I would use 15w40 motor oil in the engine. I wouldn't think there are any other fliuds besides antifreeze which a good quality etholine glycol would be fine for.
Appreciate the info and yes it is a Hatz diesel.

SkipR

I have one of these air compressors and as far as the HATZ air cooled diesel is concerned is a real dependable engine, so I am told. BUT for the Davey compressor it is also very dependable if taken care of. As far a the air compressor oil I would go with a MOBIL oil made for rotary air compressors not the 15w40 diesel oil the GOV recommends. Part for the HATZ are available but very expensive and for the Davey, GOOD LUCK on finding parts and if you do most of the venders what a big min on the parts plus the parts. Some how you need to find the NSN ( National Supply Number) to go alone with the part number because there are a lot of parts with the same parts numbers. The big thing I would put up front is to invest in the CD of the Davey 7MC-2A air compressor. Parts I would go to nsn-now.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks