• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8.3 cummins antifreeze ?

eldgenb

Military uses standard green, if it were me I would use the big truck stuff, have seen some fail at really low mileage due to cavitation.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the Fleetguard Complete. Works with all coolants...including ALL ELC's and has pre mixed, 50/50 with SCA's. Not cheep though.

Jared

I just put in a block heater in my 813. Drained all I could using the radiator first then the pipe plug just below the rear coolant access plate. Then refilled with Fleet Charge. They didn't have the pre-mixed so used the full strength and mixed with distilled water. Got it at Tractor Supply for about $16 per gal.
Conventional Antifreeze in Heavy

jwaller

I spoke with my cummins rep this am, HE SAID IT NEEDS THE GOOD STUFF WITH DCA'S. these motors have liners and they need the anti-cavitation additives.