• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8.3 mystery leak.

Desertshark

So I have gotten closer to pinpoint of this leak.... looks like it's coming from under harmonic balancer area... guessing front seal or front cover gasket... would anyone have a pn for these parts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I have gotten closer to pinpoint of this leak.... looks like it's coming from under harmonic balancer area... guessing front seal or front cover gasket... would anyone have a pn for these parts?

Seal is in the parts spreadsheet

Cover is cummins 3979349

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Ask at the Cummins parts counter if the seal you are buying comes with a new wear sleeve or not. It is much easier to replace with a stock size seal and no wear sleeve, unless one was installed already. The crank surface is much higher quality than a Speedi-Sleeve. Try to use just the crank surface same as factory, if you can. Clean it up with a Scotch-Brite pad or emery cloth, check for deep grooves. The new wear ring typically takes special tools to install. A seal for replaceable wear surface is larger than one without, you can not simply interchange them.

Last edited:

Desertshark

I am getting the parts online. I have the gaskets on the way so far. As to the seal there are 2 different kinds. So will figure which to order. The Cummins dealer in Albuquerque is abit of a shark on parts and very unreliable . I am assuming it would be the front crankcase seal kit. In that case I believing has a new wear ring.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me your engine serial # and i'll get you current part numbers