• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8.5 foot antenna

myimpala1

I have recently picked up a 8.5 antenna for my hmmwv. The top section has 3 cracks that are a little crunchy and loose if you flex them. Can this be repaired with fiberglass? Or maybe another way?

papakb

Depending on which antenna you have the top sections might not be that expensive to just replace. Re-glassed antennas never look all that good. Can you post the model of your antenna or a picture?

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an AS-3900 antenna. They are very common but unfortunately some eBay sellers think they are worth their weight in gold

papakb

The biggest problem is shipping them today! Half the time it'll cost more than the mast itself. There used to be a hamfest in Timonium where you might find them and there, the Red Ball military vehicle meet over in PA and search around the Aberdeen and Tobyhanna.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks