• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 hole 15x10 wheels

Elwenil

Be aware that a lot of 15 rims will not fit over the calipers on the front D60. You will have to do quite a bit of grinding on the caliper to get clearance for the rim.

AJMBLAZER

Well...if you buy some with about 2" of backspacing they will...better to get a normal backspacing and grind or just upgrade to 16" wheels and avoid the issue all together.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back spacing is important on the rear also. I ran a 15x8 on a FF 14 without problems. I picked up a set of Jackman 15x10's and they hit the brake drums not allowing the wheel to seat against the axle flange. On the front I did a lot of grinding to get the 15's to fit a Dana 44. I wouldn't do it again.

AJMBLAZER

Oh crap, yeah, good point. The ginormous brakes these 1 tons have are larger than the 3/4 ton 14FF's...

Better to just run 16's.

hobie237

I considered 15" wheels- man the tires would have been a TON cheaper, but I would have had to either downgrade the brakes to 3/4 ton units or attack the stock brakes with an angle grinder- neither is a big deal for a dedicated off-road rig, but for a truck that I'll be using to haul fairly heavy loads at higher speeds, over hilly areas, I'd rather have more brakes than less.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh crap, yeah, good point. The ginormous brakes these 1 tons have are larger than the 3/4 ton 14FF's...

Better to just run 16's.

The K20 Suburban I put the 15x8's on had the same rear brakes as a 1 ton. It had the JB 8 brake option with the Corporate 14 bolt.