• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 lug to 6 lug

billybronco1

Title says it all. Have a buddy willing to swap 6 lug 16" wheel and tire for my 8 lug 16.5" wheel and tire.

How is it done? Can it be done? Simple as pull the hub and replace? Can't be with milspec, right?

Adapter? Need a bombproof solution! Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, what kind of trailer and why? Only swapping one wheel and tire? What are you planning for the other one?

Last edited by a moderator:

billybronco1

tire"S"

Plural. Many. MANY apologies kind forum folk.

I beg of you.....

I have TWO wheels and TWO tires. Both brand new and attempting to trade BOTH. That's a total of TWO. for. BOTH. for his 6 lug pattern wheels and tires.

For what u ask? Leave that to me. Nothing more than the military I can assure you.

Thank you kind SIRS.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steelsoldiers! I see you are pretty new here...
Might want to consider a few points:

1) If you really want to be helped then better be more specific about what model trailer you want to convert.

2) "U" is a vocal which we may use to describe the type of bolt; joint; etc. "U" is not allowed to use in place of the word "you". (re-read our house rules.)

3) You'll need to work a bit on your attitude, too. Better start soon (if you intend to stay here...)

G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no easy way short of buying a new axle or just buying 8 lug 16" rims and swapping over the traded tires. We have answers here but only CARNAC is clairvoyant.

cyclic

I'm fairly certain you can swap the outer drum assembly to six lug. As backing plates and drums interchange with the regular 6000/7000lb axle stuff.

The backing plates can be swapped to electric with or without parking brakes.

Standard Dexter axle stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks