• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 weeks and 2 days for the EUC - recovery tomorrow

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow we recover my M998 from the Lake Butler FL location. Been waiting since early eighties for this day - hope the description was on target.

Mike82ndABN

I was there recently. They moved them from blanding to butler. In the back of a tow yard storage lot. The owners released it to me. My truck seemed untouched by locals, still had slave cables and some other items under the seats.

Mike82ndABN

You may want to bring an old pair of shoes. Mine was sitting in ankle deep muck from all the rain. Smelled like an old cow pasture lol. Had to pressure wash the tires to get the smell off.

FloridaAKM

Its good to hear that they moved the trucks off base as the guards @ the gate 3 are really a pain to deal with. Too bad I have nowhere to drive one as I am only 15 miles away from the Lake Butler site where they are stored! Enjoy your new toys!

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Todays recovery went smooth - yes the storage area is still soft (no standing water) - when we arrived another customer was kinda stuck. My truck started on the first try - drove it out of the fenced area to the trailer and it went up the ramps idling. The GP rep was very helpful and easy going.
IMG_9172.jpg