• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

800 series wire #569

eagle1

Hello I have an m813A1 that was updated in 2007 with new wiring including electric wipers, rear and front side marker lights, and a whole list of other updates. To the question the truck has three bad batteries so I was gonna replace the batts with new ones but when taking out the old ones I noticed that there is a wire #569 ( maybe 10 gauge if guessing ) attached to the cables and I cant tell because the batteries are to dead to test the connection with a volt meter but it appears to maybe be supplied with 6 volts according to the location of where the wire is attached and if so that sucks because I bought two large dozer 12 volt batteries and was planning to wire in series to equal 24v but wont be able to get 6v without using a resistor of some sort if it turns out to require 6v. Anyway I dont mean to ramble but am just curious if anyone knows what wire #569 goes to and what voltage it requires. Thanks in advance for any help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your step/battery cover may have a drawing under it, showing the wire connections.

As crash said, that is the GP supply and it gets 12V.

If you dont' use the cold start with GP, you could leave it disconnected.

eagle1

Your step/battery cover may have a drawing under it, showing the wire connections.

As crash said, that is the GP supply and it gets 12V.

If you dont' use the cold start with GP, you could leave it disconnected.
Thanks doghead for the reply. My battery box don't have a wiring diagram and I dont have the time right now to look at TM's due to family illness and work but greatly appreciate the quick response and help. I knew you guys would know right off what the wire was for and and most importantly what voltage it requires. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks