• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 / 803 CT wire, was it cut to fit?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got an 802 that looks like it was 1/2 way through a rebuild and something has been wrong with every wire loom.

Latest shenanigans is that the 003 and 009 wires going through CT1 were wound in opposite directions. Which may explain why the % Current meter doesn't work.

Whomever ran the wires also only went 4 loops per wire through the CT, and the TM wants 8. Of course, while there is some extra wire there isn't enough to run 4 more loops through the CT's.

Does this wire come on a huge spool pre-numbered? Good commercial alternate?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No the numbers on them were custom run. Search through the forum, the same milspec wire is available on spoons without nomeclature on it... want to say it was through an Allied or similar.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found some 450 degree rated wire on Amazon for a reasonable amount and just spliced it in with some marine grade heat shrink crimp connectors.

Worked great.

So what was a “won’t start, starter burned up” $100 auction buy that I figured was at worst a long Thanksgiving with Dad pulling a motor apart and some panels to sell turns out to be a decent runner with a new engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks