• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 a fuel pump

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an 802a with 112 hours and it was missing batteries when i got it. Also in the video from GP it was a crank no start and the no fuel light was on. I got batteries in it today and filled with fuel. No start, fuel shut off works, the screen by the fuel pump was loose and bent. took that off and the threaded piece off the top of the pump was loose. tightened and removed the bottom hard line. pump makes noise no fuel coming out. I made a mess getting some fuel in the fuel line on the top and got it to fill the fuel line and the machine ran for 2 minutes. So confident the pump is bad but wanted to share a picture because i believe some additional hard ware filters have been added as i do not see them on the tm Parts list802 fuel pump.jpg

nextalcupfan

Looks like a bit of a mess to me.
1653280674482.png
Basically all of this is non standard.
The pump also appears to be upside down.

Here is a pic of my fuel setup which I believe is all stock.
Maintenance 01 (11-15-19).jpg
You appear to be missing a short piece of hard line and a union.
1653280893881.png
Here.

To answer your questions, yes the 8135 is a standard replacement pump and should bolt in no problems.
The problem people have is they can be kinda hard to come by so the alternative replacement is the Airtex 8131. (I put in the 8135 part # and rockauto seems to have some in stock right now however)
This is very close to the original with the only difference being the mounting is slightly different.

Also from what I've read from other users on here the square body pump is garbage and the Airtex units are far more reliable.

EDIT: I was mistaken the E1074 is the pump installed on these units to replace the facet pump.

Last edited:

Zed254

An Airtex E1074 came on my machine. Summit sold them once upon a time....https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/atx-e1074/overview (it is a 24 volt pump). Note fitting on top of pump and electrical connector.

Airtex E8135 is about as close as we can get today.....https://www.amazon.com/Airtex-E8135-Universal-Electric-Fuel/dp/B0027I3K8C ....cheaper at Rockauto. The filter is an Airtex G-17.

Airtex data attached.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks