• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a 24hr test

Bmxenbrett

Well its going to rain for the next day here in New York. What a good day to test my newly aquired mep802a with 193 hrs. Il post my findings along the way.
I should state that i have 99 chicks under a brooder so the power going out for more than 5min isnt really an option.20170525_104410.jpg

Also i am load shedding nothing but my 60gal air compressor. The 240v well pump and heat pump water heater will run as normal. The gen runs about 30* as my house is currently.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
This is the true test of a gen set.

In the 70's when we ran 24/7 on our missile site, we didnt need to do this. We were always up, always using 6-7 of our 12 gen sets, and if we were in the field, we used 9-10 gen sets. So almost everything got to be run long term. Made you feel good when you got a whole night's peace and quiet. Didn't let us sleep, and we always had something to repair/service, but still, you felt good that there was no power loss. Often, this was not the case.

Bmxenbrett

Its been a little over 8 hrs. Used the electric oven and washed a load of laundry at the same time. Never went over 50*. Fuel gauge reads just over 3/4. I went out and hooked up my 5gal diesel can to the aux fuel pump. It was inportant for me to test that also. As i can be at work for up to 18hrs and my lady isnt going to mess with 5gal cans and re filling.
So far it has rained 0.46in in the 8 hrs of testing.

Chrispyny

Its been a little over 8 hrs. Used the electric oven and washed a load of laundry at the same time. Never went over 50*. Fuel gauge reads just over 3/4. I went out and hooked up my 5gal diesel can to the aux fuel pump. It was inportant for me to test that also. As i can be at work for up to 18hrs and my lady isnt going to mess with 5gal cans and re filling.
Where exactly are you? Whats your location? PK?

Zebcorod

Cool!! We have a MEP 802A connected to our Off Grid cabin and have been running it daily for the last 2 1/2 weeks at night for charging the battery bank and running all loads in the cabin too! Our longest run so far is about 10 hours, but typically, we usually run it for 5 hours or so a day. It's performing great so far. I did have to replace the fuel tank well nut. Thanks again Chrispyny for the 4 well nuts you sold me! Also, thanks to Daybreak too.

I bought a 2 wire autostart kit and installed it. It's working great so far too.

We have ours connected to a 55 gallon barrel using the aux. fuel pump.

Keep us up to date on your 24 hour run!

Bmxenbrett

The 24hr test was a sucess. Shut it down about 11am this morning. Felt the gen head and it was stone cold. Didnt loose one drop of oil or coolant. I used about 6.5gal, thats suprisingly slow at .27 gal hr. If i remember right no load is .21gal hr. I think i could lower my fuel useage by shutting it down at night of the sump pumps dont need to run This test had two heating cycles on my heat pump water heater, ran the coffee maker and toaster oven. Even started the electric dryer but that put it at 110* on the load meter, it didnt seam to care but i turned the dryer off. The biggest thing i took away from this test was everything works as it should and my gal/hr useage. Im very happy with this 802a and glad i didnt go for the 803a as i didnt need the extra Kw.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks