• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A/803A overflow cap question

jimbo913

For all those of you who have these units, does the overflow cap screw on straight and fit tight? It seems like mine wants to cross thread and if you try to snug it down it jumps the thread. If you lightly finger tighten it, then it seems to stay in place, but it just doesn't seem right to me and I want to verify if that's the way they are or if I somehow have the wrong cap.

If I have the wrong cap, I would appreciate any recommendations on where to get the correct cap.

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several -- some fit well and some don't. I haven't tried this, but I'd imagine that if one put a couple of wraps of the white plumbing tape on the threads on the container that a loose cap might fit much better.

jimbo913

Thats what I did but I used black electrical tape (about 2 snug wraps). Not perfect but I think it will eliminate any chance it will rattle off.
Thanks for confirming that the cap/bottle are "normal".