• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A electrical cutting out after running dry

bookpile

Well it's a long story but my 802A ran out of diesel today. It didn't shut down because the floats do not work and it always thinks it has 25% fuel.

I got it restarted but now for the first time ever, the electrical is cutting out on it. The lights go out, so I go outside and the diesel is still humming away but the overload light is on. No way we're overloading it. I reset the switch and everything is fine. This happened twice in the past hour since I restarted it.

Is it possible that there is air in the lines causing the engine to stutter and then shut off the electrical contactor? Or did I have two seperate problems crop up within minutes of each other?

Thanks for any advice.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel itself should have nothing to do with your overload fault. With that said, I think now is the time to break out the manuals and start testing what isnt working, and replace parts to get this thing up and running right. Its possible you are having problems on the DC circuit side of the machine (if the fuel pump never shut off, it could be shorting out). But you need to methodically take pieces of the puzzle off the table one by one.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well it's a long story but my 802A ran out of diesel today. It didn't shut down because the floats do not work and it always thinks it has 25% fuel.

I got it restarted but now for the first time ever, the electrical is cutting out on it. The lights go out, so I go outside and the diesel is still humming away but the overload light is on. No way we're overloading it. I reset the switch and everything is fine. This happened twice in the past hour since I restarted it.

Is it possible that there is air in the lines causing the engine to stutter and then shut off the electrical contactor? Or did I have two seperate problems crop up within minutes of each other?

Thanks for any advice.
Why do the floats not work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks