• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a generator

Realyswift

Just bought an 802 a generator and have a problem when I put a power load to it it bogs out replaced all fuel filters and can’t figure out why the governor won’t come up in speed to keep up with the power load at 25% anybody have an answer would be grateful or an idea Please help powerless

Scoobyshep

Just bought an 802 a generator and have a problem when I put a power load to it it bogs out replaced all fuel filters and can’t figure out why the governor won’t come up in speed to keep up with the power load at 25% anybody have an answer would be grateful or an idea Please help powerless
Are you slamming the load or slowly adding

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
- Any black goo seeping from the exhaust manifold?

- how is your output power configured? What is your load configuration?

- are you getting black smoke from the exhaust
A) At no load?
B) At part load?
C) when engine bogs?

-is the exhaust smoke an even stream and big pulses?

- how old is the fuel?

- what have you done to you unit since purchase? (Filters, fluids, MOV, etc)

- do you have an alternate way to measure amperage on the output? What is the actual load when it bogs?

Last edited:

Realyswift

Very slowly an amp at a time have video get to 25%power usage and hz drops and eng bogs out
- Any black goo seeping from the exhaust manifold?

- how is your output power configured? What is your load configuration?

- are you getting black smoke from the exhaust
A) At no load?
B) At part load?
C) when engine bogs?

-is the exhaust smoke an even stream and big pulses?

- how old is the fuel?

- what have you done to you unit since purchase? (Filters, fluids, MOV, etc)

- do you have an alternate way to measure amperage on the output? What is the actual load when it bogs?
black smoke coming out from exhaust when boge down all filters have been changed new fuel

Ray70

If you can verify you are bogging down at only 1500w then you are either severely wet stacked, have a bad cylinder ( possibly injector issue ) or perhaps a governor issue. Based on the black smoke an black goo I would say probably not a governor issue.
I would load it lightly ( 1000w ) and crack open 1 injector at a time and verify the engine stumbles when each cyl. is cracked open.
If it does you may be dealing with severe wet stacking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks