• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a or 803a fuel shut off solenoid

jamawieb

Test your input voltage to S1, before and during the startup. 20 volts is low. See if you are losing the voltage before the switch. Or in the switch. What kind of S1 is it?

On J14, the plug to the solenoid, Pin one, wire number 119B is to hold the solenoid. Pin2, wire number 183A is the pull. And pin 3 is ground.
S1 is blue plastic square type. Input into the switch is 24 volts but at startup goes to around 20 volts. Per the TM I disconnected the starter solenoid power supply and I still had voltage drop to 20volts when the master switch was turned to start. Could the switch be the problem?

I think I may try daybreak's advice and put the charger on to see that helps since his batteries are above 13 volts.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Is your charger made to charge GEL batteries? If not, the batteries often don't get charged right. You should have at least 13 volts in a good gel battery.

Did you look at the S1, to see if the diode is hooked up right?

And yes, if the contacts were bad in the switch, it could be the problem. But first charge the batteries. Then try it.

jamawieb

Is your charger made to charge GEL batteries? If not, the batteries often don't get charged right. You should have at least 13 volts in a good gel battery.

Did you look at the S1, to see if the diode is hooked up right?

And yes, if the contacts were bad in the switch, it could be the problem. But first charge the batteries. Then try it.
I charged the batteries with a GEL battery approved charger and they are now sitting at 13.5 volts each and still have the same issue with the fuel solenoid. Now voltage drops from 27 volts to 22 volts when starting. I've got a brand new S1 switch so I may trade them out to see if that is the problem.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So thought I would pick this up. I have an 802 that has part of the solenoid in place (it appears they stole the front bracketry from this set, and trashed the boot as well). I have a donor unit that I can scab this off of, but is there anything I need to know about the install? It looks like a part I can simply unbolt and put in new, and connect linkage... but silly me to assume. Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Normally you can just swap, without a big deal. I could swear that I posted information in the TM section, that gave instructions on exactly how to adjust the solinoid and linkage. Take a look, and if it's not there, I will post it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have. I will take a look when I get some time to actually undertake that swap. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks