• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a starter question

Ratch

Flapper - I haven't got to look at it too well yet, but it looks as if the exhaust is threaded. If so, why not put a small extenson pipe vertically and a tractor style flapper on it?

I've got a flapper on a Ford 4630 and it works fine.
That's exactly what I plan to do. Keeping the outlet upward helps with noise reduction.
I also plan to drill a small hole in a low spot, so if it does start filling with rain, it will drip out and rust out the muffler before entering the head.

JR2980

For all of you guys that have these, how accurate are the measurements? The dataplate lists it at 50"x32" (LxW), but is that spot on? My trailer is 51.5" wide, so if they're off even a little bit, I may run into a problem loading :mad:

Thanks!

bookpile

I can measure for you if you want but they can always turn it around and load it the other way too. For example he was going to fork it into the back of my truck and it would have fit width wise but it would have hit the wheel wells and you couldn't have closed the tailgate. They just dropped it and went at it from the 32" side and dropped it right in, no problems.

JR2980

I can measure for you if you want but they can always turn it around and load it the other way too. For example he was going to fork it into the back of my truck and it would have fit width wise but it would have hit the wheel wells and you couldn't have closed the tailgate. They just dropped it and went at it from the 32" side and dropped it right in, no problems.
Thanks for the offer - the other way wont work 'cause I'm picking up 2 of them.

I just bit the bullet and rented a 6x12 uhaul trailer. Better safe than sorry for the $40 cost of the uhaul, and there shouldn't be any problem getting them in either way (getting them off will be fun though without a forklift - I haven't got that figured out yet).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks