• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a vs wildlife

Bmxenbrett

I had been doing almost weekly visual checks of my set but this las time i saw the tell tale small black spots on the floor by the battery. Looked around and saw a bunch of yard debts up behind the generator head, i knew i couldnt risk starting the unit yet. After a week of trying to get time to take the unit appart this is what i found. Sometimes its the smallest animals who have the potential to cause the most destruction.
20171101_111700.jpg20171101_111705.jpg
After
20171101_112700.jpg

My unit has hardware cloth on all the intake grates now as well as a trap set for any stragglers.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The rodent repellents come in handy for that. Even in trucks that have been sitting.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rodents hate peppermint essential oil. Consider using mesh to cover all holes in sides and below batteries/engine, and putting cotton balls in the machine strategically soaked in the stuff (or just the cotton balls)

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a couple of Tom Cat bait cubes in each truck cab and in other equipment I want to keep the mice out of. Keep checking them and renewing as needed. They are moisture resistant but in really hot weather they will melt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks