• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803/802A Alternator

mlaxton

I have a few of these machines for my shop, camp, and house I would like to have a few spare alternators around incase of failure. The NOS are very expensive and hard to find. Has anyone found a substitute for them? If so can you provide a part number or link? Also what is the most common failures on the stock unit? Diodes? Regulators? Any good videos or links to step by step repairs of these issues?
s-l500.jpg

nextalcupfan

The Previous post has a part number for the Prestolite version of the Alternator
Prestolite AC Generator 8MR3301G
Note I have not checked this myself so you may want to double check its the correct alternator before buying.

nextalcupfan

I searched for MEP 803a alternator on the big auction site and came up with Prestolite 8MR3005CA.

Searching for that specifically I got one that was $98 shipped. (For parts/Not Working)

I didn't get anything searching for the Prestolite part number on you alternator.

Guyfang

Staff member
6115-01-459-1661
8EM3005CA

6115-01-368-2911
110-489

Back in the day, the -2911 was the first generation alternator. Then came out the -1661. Both had different NSN and Part #'s, but when you ordered one or the other, you got what was ever on the shelf at Tech. Supply. So you can use any and all of these numbers to look for one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks