• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803 fuel filler rubber gasket

smokem joe

Actually, it's not. It's silicone. So, it may swell a bit with diesel but it won't harden & get brittle like PVC. It's made for performance intake & turbo applications. I use them often on vehicles and they do last & hold up well.
Ok-just looked like the same thing.
I can report after having the one I used on a trailer mounted genset for several years now that there is no issues with it. I've taken it all over to job sites for portable power and no leaks or breakdown in material. It is a cheap fix that needs no modification available same day from any plumbing supply house so I still recommend it.

smokem joe

Also, not real sure that the Ferco is PVC. I pulled the cover and inspected it the other night. It looks and feels like solid rubber even now after having it installed for several years now. I know some of the box store stuff may be different though. Silicone is not supposed to be used on diesel fuel at all so I'd rather use this fitting. To each their own though. If the silicone ones work for you have at it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks