• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803 won't restart without resetting Dead crank/normal switch

DennisW

I'm in contact with a group in a less than friendly area that has an "acquired" 803 that they use as a backup gen set. It won't start unless they move the Dead Crank/Normal switch to off then back to normal. Once running, all warning lights and indicators are normal and it continues to run until shutdown with the master switch. Does the system require the Dead Crank switch to be placed in the Off position before each start? It is stated in the -10 to place it off on shut down and back on normal for start. This may just be operator error.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no need to put the Dead Crank switch in the OFF position after shutting the set down using the Master switch S1.
Something is wrong with the set if it won't start without cycling the Dead Crank to OFF and back to NORMAL.

Having the Dead Crank switch in the OFF position removes most of the power to the control cube and prevents the set from being started with S1 the master switch. With the Dead Crank switch in NORMAL power is supplied to the control cube and allows the set to be started with S1.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to need to track down the cause.
I'd suggest doing the following.
1) Start the set
2) Shut the set down and leave the Dead Crank switch in NORMAL
3) Move S1 to the PRIME/RUN position
Does the fuel pump run then or not?
Do the panel lights work?

If no fuel pump or panel lights then then you'll need to grab a meter and see where 24 volts is getting lost.

DennisW

Thanks. It acts like the battery is dead until reset (won't turn over). Not sure of other indications. But I'll have them trouble shoot it. Being a relay for them will delay answers. Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks