• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803a hours

NATCAD

Thanks for pointers on the battery.

Just got off phone with nappa and they knocked 8$ off the battery using 'heavy duty truck discount' so I am out the door for $65 taxes in per battery. Here is the battery I got

- the napa gold filters are 50% off for net two weeks... on full price with a small discount I paid 73$ with tax for air,oil, two fuel, inline fuel, so it looks like the full set is about 40$ taxes in. Pretty good deal for high quality filters. (WHY is the air filter so friggin large??)

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I use only the 290cca lawn mower bat. Started a 803a one -6* morning just like it was 80*. Even glowed it for about 30sec.
Il use the cheaper 190cca on my 802a until i have a problem then if i can justify betterys will get them. My lawnmower still has a 5yr old bat in it and had never been charged.

Filterbarn.com has all the 802/3 filters for just under $40 i believe. The air filter is almost a waste of time to change if its clean. I believe two fuel and the oil filter would be just over $24 shipped. There all name brand also. Hastings, baldwin, fiber finer

Guyfang

Staff member
The reason it's so "large" is because the filter and housing is used on a number of different gen sets and other equipment. One saves on cost, when one buys bulk. It a time proven filter/housing. Why re invent the wheel?

NATCAD

The reason it's so "large" is because the filter and housing is used on a number of different gen sets and other equipment. One saves on cost, when one buys bulk. It a time proven filter/housing. Why re invent the wheel?
This makes sense. It seems like that filter could flow enough for a 30 or 60kw unit.

NATCAD

I use only the 290cca lawn mower bat. Started a 803a one -6* morning just like it was 80*. Even glowed it for about 30sec.
Il use the cheaper 190cca on my 802a until i have a problem then if i can justify betterys will get them. My lawnmower still has a 5yr old bat in it and had never been charged.
I'll check that out thanks for the tip. Was the battery stored inside and then used to crank the engine while still warm? Or was that a cold battery?

gstboy69

Start

That should be plenty. It's just a little 4 cylinder Diesel engine. It would probably start just fine with a pair of lawn mower batteries. I use Wal-Mart brand Group 26R batteries for $50 a pop. They have 540 or so CCA each. More than enough.
You have reason my friend. I buy the walmart 26r group batteries and start the Mep 803 perfectly and I have Generac Automatic Transfer with the auto start system and the ATs board connected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks