• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803a water separator breakthrough!

Buickrat

Yes, pjwest, that is what I found also. They are sending me one to try, just have to work out the o-ring details.

I'm also going to use a brass fuel shut off instead of the petcock style drain originally in the unit. Will get pics of the setup when it's done.

Thanks!

Buickrat

Triton, sorry but no. The Dixon part did not fit the wix/napa filter. I am convinced that wix has used some hokey china pipe thread that only works with the POS plastic plug they put in the filter.

All those fittings I bought (threw all the filter out) sit in a dusty and dirty sealed plastic bag on my desk as a daily reminder that I have failed.

I prolly blew 250 bucks in filters and fittings, and am still stuck with pos fram!!#%&@.

uniquify

I am convinced that wix has used some hokey china pipe thread that only works with the POS plastic plug they put in the filter.
Agreed, here's a list of things I've tried unsuccessfully:
1) 1/8"-27 NPT
2) 1/8"-27 NPS
3) 1/8"-28 BSP
4) M10x1.0
5) -3AN O-ring boss (3/8-24 thread)

Of all those, 1/8"-27 NPT was the closest fit, but would only engage about 2 threads. I eventually got fed up with it and just cranked on it until I made it fit.

I'd still like to find something that works, but am running out of options.

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I have been a diesel mechanic for about 10 yrs. In this time i hardly ever find a real need to use the drain on the bottom of filters. Some dont have it and some its impossible to get to.

csheath

Every time I look at the drain hose on mine it's full of mud from dirt dabbers. What's wrong with just draining it in the case or holding a cup under it?

I appreciate the effort you all went to but sometimes these things just don't pan out or justify the time and cost expended. Might want to get an admin to fix the title.
[h=2]803a water separator breakthrough? NOT![/h]

keen

I decided, against my better judgement, to search out a fram (yeeuuck) p8043....
Well, lo and behold, picked one up at autozone today and removed the petcock drain and presto, 1/4 npt, fits the stock drain perfect.
Sadly this is no longer the case in 2021 - the recent FRAM P8043 I picked up doesn't have a 1/4 npt outlet, it's a knockoff of the baldwin BF5587-D now. I haven't tried to ID the specific thread.

IMG_4923.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks