• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804A power transfer issue

Guyfang

Staff member
Normally, it is not a failed coil. Its that these things are notable for getting moisture in them, and then they kinda rust up. Mostly easy to correct. If its broke, you can't make it broker.

DBLE

Normally, it is not a failed coil. Its that these things are notable for getting moisture in them, and then they kinda rust up. Mostly easy to correct. If its broke, you can't make it broker.
Good morning Guy,
All the more reason to get this genset under cover. Weather here this morning looks a bit ominous, but the investigation exercise shouldn’t take all that long. I’ll report back.

DBLE

Good morning Guy,
All the more reason to get this genset under cover. Weather here this morning looks a bit ominous, but the investigation exercise shouldn’t take all that long. I’ll report back.
Guy,
No voltage at X,Y at K1, with Main SW in run position, battle short on, S5 Up, To ensure the contactor was in good shape, I removed it. Was a bit sticky, No sign of any water or rust, contacts needed dressing up. Coil measured 43 ohm. Ran out of daylight, will test coil / contactor with 24 VDC from battery in the Am. ( 24vdc applied across X,Y AT K1) 7-1/2 Control fuse appears to be a re-setable type, doesn't appear to be popped out (tripped) the other 2 fuses are good.
Any thoughts on next steps?

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you bench tested the K1? If so, what happened?
1672694304692.png
If it works, Make sure S5 is wired like this. Then remove wire 140D. Measure from that wire to wire #240A, at the K1. Also remove that wire, so you are only measuring the wire, not the K1. What you get?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks