• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804B slow fuel drain

primuss

Started working on an MEP-804B with 39 hours on a M200 trailer recently. Just starting this new addiction with gen sets and been reading a lot.

Doing pre start maintenance and the gauge shows 3/4 tank fuel. Which was odd since the oil had been drained. Anyhoo, put a fitting and hose into my container, scrapped the paint off the cap on the drain that had never been off, opened the valve, and .....just a weak little stream. Barely more than a fast drip. I made sure the valve up on the side was wide open, even blew into the end of the hose thinking it would clear up some crud blocking the drain. Still just a weak stream. I've got about 9 gallons out by letting it run while I putter around, but I'm thinking I need to figure out why it's draining so slow. Any suggestions?

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you shined a light into the tank? Sometimes things you don't even want to know about grow in a diesel tank, when the fuel gets old.

primuss

I have not. I will do so when I get home in about an hour and report back. The fuel that is coming out looks and smells fine at least. Big forest delivered some filters today so maybe I can spin off the one on the side and peek in there too. (This is so much fun, why did I wait to start?)

primuss

Nothing to report. I looked down in the fuel tank through the fill neck (after removing the strainer) and all I saw was nice looking fuel. I exercised both valves on the line and blew into it again. I heard it coming through fine. I'm just going to but new filters in and see what happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks