• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804B Yanmar - will not run.

Jbear10

I have a 804b with yanmar motor. It will crank but will not run. Checked the MPU have 2.5 ac volts while cranking. I have fuel going to injectors but no fuel coming out of injectors.I have checked for voltage on term 9&10 of the GCU no voltage is present. I do have voltage on 3&4 of the GCU. Im thinking maybe the GCU is bad would like a expert opinion Or point me in the right direction to go next. Cannot find any information on the GCU other than what you had in another thread. If the GCU is bad where would I find one?

Attachments

INFChief

I have a 804b with yanmar motor. It will crank but will not run. Checked the MPU have 2.5 ac volts while cranking. I have fuel going to injectors but no fuel coming out of injectors.I have checked for voltage on term 9&10 of the GCU no voltage is present. I do have voltage on 3&4 of the GCU. Im thinking maybe the GCU is bad would like a expert opinion Or point me in the right direction to go next. Cannot find any information on the GCU other than what you had in another thread. If the GCU is bad where would I find one?
Is this equipped with a start inhibit / low oil level safety switch that prevents starting when oil level or oil pressure is low?
What injectors does it have? I couldn’t open the download.

INFChief

Have you checked, drained, & cleaned the fuel water separator? Replaced the fuel filter? Checked to make sure all fuel supply lines are not clogged?
Where any parts removed & reinstalled? Injector pump?

Guyfang

Staff member
Is this equipped with a start inhibit / low oil level safety switch that prevents starting when oil level or oil pressure is low? When in the start mode, this function is bypassed.
What injectors does it have? I couldn’t open the download. What TM are you not able to open?

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you talking about this document?

Attachments

Jbear10

Sorry guys I have been out of pocket for awhile. It wound up being the 8270-1096 controller. one of the Tri-ac or SCR on the board had let the smoke out. I found one on ebay for parts. I changed out, and resoldered a new one in. This took care of the problem. I also invested in a new one off ebay just in case. Thank you all for the input and help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks