• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chief_919

I have 2, well after today 3. As far as I can tell less than 10 have ever been sold.

If anyone here got the other one I have an inert rocket for it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sold two of them out of Ft. Campbell a couple of years ago. I didn't know what they were at the time but those pics are exactly what they were. They had the box on them like in one for the pics. I previewed them for Gimpy. Best I remember, he didn't know what they were either but wanted them for the running gear. I don't think he bid.

Lex_Ordo

Cool trailer. Certainly a conversation piece. Now if you could get a de-milled rocket to slide onto the Launcher part of it, how awesonme would that look being towed down the street!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They sold two of them out of Ft. Campbell a couple of years ago. I didn't know what they were at the time but those pics are exactly what they were. They had the box on them like in one for the pics. I previewed them for Gimpy. Best I remember, he didn't know what they were either but wanted them for the running gear. I don't think he bid.
Yup, I was out helping 54reo and Opcom build the 8109 and lost track of time. They went for about $600 I think.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MICLICs are cool to watch launch and then explode. Whats not so fun is when they misfire or hang fire and dont go off......

12Bravo

I had to do the MWO to mount the axles and MICLIC boxes onto the trailers for my unit when I was stationed in Germany. One thing to watch on these trailers is the brakes. If they come from mechanized units then they were most likely towed behind M113's. The brakes would get messed up trailer getting towed without air to the brakes.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GL pics are the ones that sold at WPAFB this week. I watched them but did not bid. They didn't go cheap enough for me to part out.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Picked up MK2 mine clearance system today and it's in really good shape except one upright that didn't get primer. Came with a lot of the extra stuff including a new charge cover tarp, but need to find an empty charge container. Chief_919 if you still have an inert Mk22 please pm or email me.
milic frailer 008.jpg milic frailer 009.jpg milic frailer 004.jpg milic frailer 006.jpg milic frailer 005.jpg milic frailer 003.jpg milic frailer 001.jpg

FloridaAKM

I work with an engineer that, years ago, worked in the plant in Louisania, that manufactured the MICLIC actual charge system. Having him explain how they got the local workers to build these is amazing. The different stages of manufacture & the protection systems to prevent accidental explosions is extreme. Not to mention, the road trips to witness the actual usage of the system to prove that it worked as designed. The pictures he brings to show is proof of what it took from beginning of manufacture to initaition of the system to prove that it worked most of the time! Enemy fire cutting the explosive chain, did dampen the fire works. A soldier with an explosive charge, could reinitaite the explosive chain, but @ his own peril by exposing himself to enemy fire.

Your carrier is a very fine example of the MICLIC systems ability to be delivered any where, any time it was needed to clear the path to where the military needed to go.

Last edited:

KaiserM109

I've seen those on the Military Channel. Sure looks like it can get the job done.

Before I opened the thread I was thinking that towing a trailer through a mine field didn't sound too bright!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEck of a score. the ones with the double axles I saw in Korea with the new ENG company in my old STB. they included the Assault Breacher Vehicles, Bradleys and MICLICs. only ever seen video of them going off. Did see a simulation of one, but it wasn't very impressive.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This what the box looks likemilic tubs.jpg 83L X 53W x 24H if anybody has a lead on them let me know. This picture is reportedly from a scrap yard somewhere near Tulsa, but still waiting to hear back from the photographer.

jasonjc

I'm a closer to Tulsa than you I think, if you find out where I mite be able to pick them up for you. I'm glade you are keeping it as it was , I think most of these were reused as trailers or scraped.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
View attachment 726505View attachment 726506Picked this one up at Ft Dix NJ a few years ago.

surfdog
what is the max towing speed on the tracked version? We got these when the getting was good, the last ones that came out where quasi demilled, stripped of the Hyd components, tubing and wiring. Since this was posted I have gotten the rocket, and charge box. Still looking for a inert linear charge.