• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

81 M35 brake lights stay on

Clint_S

Hello everyone I have a 81 m35a2 I had an issue with the brakes sticking master cylinder was rebuilt by last owner. I replaced the air pack about a month ago and all wheel cylinders. Brakes now work as they should. But now the brake lights come on and off when driving (pedal not depressed) as if it is building pressure it does still have the old style hydraulic brake light switch if anyone had this happen before or has a good idea on how to solve the issue the help would be much appreciated I use this truck daily as a logging truck so I’m trying to get it repaired ASAP so it is not a safety issue on the road. Thanks.

Barrman

The brake light switch just connects the two leads to make the lights come on. If you are not hearing the air pack breathe in relation to the lights coming on then I would guess you either have a short between the 3 lever switch and the brake light switch or a bad brake light switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks