• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 pto

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will not fit.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did you have an aluminum shear pin in that winch when it locked up? Just wondering because I would hate to pop the PTO off of my M818. Sorry you busted yours up but I got my PTO for the M52 from Murrays in Delaware. Got to go pull it myself out in their yard.

CaptainRPM

No i did not have a aluminum shear pin in it was a no grade bolt cuz i ran out of pins i use the winch often because of my mudtruck and just used it a week ago and was my fault for not knockin it out of gear at the winch before i went out sat it was a stupid mistake and i no better and it wont happen again can i ask what ya paid for the pto from murrays

thanks gene

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What exactly went south or was broken?
Normally a serious overload just causes the housing to blow apart at the mounting flange, often with it goes part of the tranny housing, too!
So if you have access to a Deuce winch PTO you can use that housing and some internals to rebuild yours! That if the 5ton PTO input and related gears survived, of course...!?

G.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think pictures would be good, now!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think it's broken.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broken PTO housing

I think it's broken.
Are you referring to the input gear also being broken?
For me it doesn't seem so but its kind of hard to tell from that pic.

Hey Captain, if there aren't any teeth reported missing.... that would be an easy fix with a Deuce PTO as a donor!

G.

FormerNewMVGuy

I have a good pto case from a duece, If it will work for you its available. The gears are missin teeth , but the case itself is good.

Pm me i'll give you my cell number

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PTO cases do interchange!

All the teeth seem to be fine just seems as if just the pto case is broke.
Are ya saying the deuce pto case and my pto case are the same and just swich the internals?
YES Sir! I'm not only saying it, I've done conversions back and forth between both, 2 1/2 and 5ton PTOs. Once again: the case + front and rear covers + many other parts including ALL bearings, seals, boots, etc. are exactly the same for both!!!
Just be confident! Get that Deuce case NewMVGuy is offering and rebuild yours!
Just in case: ODIron has the seals and boots.

BTW, for Deuce AND 5ton owners who prefer to have/operate a rear mounted winch only: all you need to do is install the "other's" PTO output shaft backwards (the 5ton shaft in a Deuce and viceversa) plus switching front and rear covers but retaining the main gears.

Also if we wanted to go one step further and have two winches with identical functions (L,H,R) we just needed to fab a custom output shaft for a dual output and convert the rear cover to install a seal. (Possibly this already exists and I'm only re-inventing the wheel...?:roll:)

Gerhard

joec

Either i'm loosing my mind or i could have sworn I posted in here?

And said that it should fit ???????????

I did I put not 100%sure but 90%

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

CaptainRPM

YES Sir! I'm not only saying it, I've done conversions back and forth between both, 2 1/2 and 5ton PTOs. Once again: the case + front and rear covers + many other parts including ALL bearings, seals, boots, etc. are exactly the same for both!!!
Just be confident! Get that Deuce case NewMVGuy is offering and rebuild yours!
Just in case: ODIron has the seals and boots.

BTW, for Deuce AND 5ton owners who prefer to have/operate a rear mounted winch only: all you need to do is install the "other's" PTO output shaft backwards (the 5ton shaft in a Deuce and viceversa) plus switching front and rear covers but retaining the main gears.

Also if we wanted to go one step further and have two winches with identical functions (L,H,R) we just needed to fab a custom output shaft for a dual output and convert the rear cover to install a seal. (Possibly this already exists and I'm only re-inventing the wheel...?:roll:)

Gerhard
Thanks for the info i appreciate it