• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

814 repower questions

nklpltd

Hey guys I need some research help. I'm researching a future project with a M814. I'm building my project truck to be an RV (crew cab with sleeper) and tow my 35' cruiser boat on a gn trailer.

I know the M814's come with the NTC 250 Cummins... UGH... I am going to need a bit more power than that engine is willing to give me. I'm researching a repower with another Cummins. My options right now are a Big Cam 290/300/350/400, an M11 or N14. For towing the boat and backing down ramps, I'm looking to mate an Allison to which ever engine I choose. I'm not looking for major speed, but 60-65 max towing would be nice.

How many of you have repowered with one of those engines? What Allison trans would you guys recommend? I have a few in mind, depending on the engine I choose, and it doesn't matter if it's a 4 or 5 speed.

For those who have repowered with a higher hp engine, have you changed or upgraded your t case? That's my only big concern that the t case won't handle the higher torque numbers.

Any and all opinions are welcomed.

det rebel

and have you ever thought about about a cat 3406 is a good one or if you do want computer and have money i would love to see one with a c15 in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks