• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 hoist motor leak

catskillpond

We were using the crane today payed out the cable to oil it and the hoist motor started leaking where the square wind button comes out. Never leaked before, shut it down put a bucket underneath started back up wound the cable up and stopped leaking. Then started again looked in the 34p for parts breakdown just shows motor has anyone had them apart or should i just pull the whole motor and take to the hydraulic shop Thanks Scott

Last edited:

Csm Davis

No Paul what happens is the seals go bad and hydraulic oil can go one of two ways out around the manual square drive or into the winch housing where it will flow out the vent

Csm Davis

We were using the crane today payed out the cable to oil it and the hoist motor started leaking where the square wind button comes out. Never leaked before, shut it down put a bucket underneath started back up wound the cable up and stopped leaking. Then started again looked in the 34p for parts breakdown just shows motor has anyone had them apart or should i just pull the whole motor and take to the hydraulic shop Thanks Scott
It is a easy fix but I would take mine to hydraulic shop they will have all of the stuff on hand to do it right and a cleaner setup than most of us to do it in. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks