• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 stuck in Louisiana's finest gumbo mud

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
neighbor comes to me last sat... long story about how his rubber tires extra large backhoe is behind his house stuck..for the last 4 days too. its only 800 ft back into the woods... er swamp more like it.. i start at 230.. its 5 ft tires are almost invisable under the water... cant see front ones at all... so i told him how he could drag it back with the bucket and the rear hoe... he dont know how to do this... he explains how he is from new jersey... concrete type man.. he has never seen this type of goo before... he asked how far is the bottom.... none i told him... so i get on the machine and do a 3 hour pull and shove... its around a few curvse.. and just before dark i can see the rear of the shed.. but is not getting on top of the muck.. just plowing level around 3 ft deep... so i have a staight pull with the wrecker.. right at dark i start... i didnt know how heavy(16.5K) then i pulled him out of the swamp but at the same time i pulled me into the first mud hole..... after dark i used the front winch and as you can see it did not fair to well. so i used rear winch to pull me farther into the swamp and get on some 2x12s... stayed down sat night.. then a big LA rainy night came... then.. . worked some more on it sunday.. with more boards,,, stayed down sunday night as well. on monday it finally dried enought and with the help of lava rocks and the boards i drove out... by wed it was dry enought to get the backhoe out.. his road that he was making might never be able to be used again... the only pics taken were on sunday afternoon. it was not a pretty site.. no one to help and i didnt want to call anyone to see the mess i let myself get into.... now i can laugh. Tim

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
some more wild ride pics. in the pics i was able to get the backhoe to the best place. later i learned that the man one the backhoe was just riding it out.. not helping me at all. no pulling not even having it running in reverse. no wonder it pulled me 30 ft back... i will go down an take another pic tomorrow to show just how bad it is now... the pics dont do any justice

Attachments

wehring

Wrong Answer...

Now Tim you have a good AZZ chewing headed your way. You would have been there for ANY of us down here in the South. That door has to swing both ways. CALL next time! We are not made of sugar (well except for Frodo fat lady sings) and will not melt in the wet stuff. That would have been a good reason to grab Mr. George and take a road trip.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

also...

Forgot to add that I just picked up a level winder in Yuma, AZ. I can send it next week via trailboss if you do not have an extra.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

area52

Why didn't you use the "mud spades" you had up there on the boom to help stop you from going backwards? Did you air down before you went in?

Looks like fun!!:p

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no airing and i didnt know i was rolling backwards that much.. and it happened really fast. that rear winch is one bad boy.. drug the rear of my wrecker side ways and out the holes with ease