• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 wizard and parts source needed

bugei

i have a few 816 questions re: to the main hoist pump. it seems that in the -34, that the main pump is just replaced as a unit.

i need to know if anyone has an exploded diagram of the main hydraulic pump of the m816. mine blew the front seal off the pump, and i need to know if there was some kind of retainer that should have stopped the seal from blowing out.

i also need a new rubber drive coupler (i am guessing the name) the one that hooks the main pump to the pto. mine is looking kinda bad, so while the pump is out, i thought i would replace it if it is reasonable.

thanx.

Last edited:

jimmcld

See if you can go from the NSN number to a manufacturer. The manufacturer is probably the only one that is going to have an exploded view of the pump and probably the only source for the parts. I just had to do the same thing while looking for a part my Rotochamber. I found that it was made by Bendix and then found drawings at Bendix's web site.

54reo

i have a few 816 questions re: to the main hoist pump. it seems that in the -34, that the main pump is just replaced as a unit.

i need to know if anyone has an exploded diagram of the main hydraulic pump of the m816. mine blew the front seal off the pump, and i need to know if there was some kind of retainer that should have stopped the seal from blowing out.

i also need a new rubber drive coupler (i am guessing the name) the one that hooks the main pump to the pto. mine is looking kinda bad, so while the pump is out, i thought i would replace it if it is reasonable.

thanx.
There is no retainer on the pump holding the seal in place. It is simply a press fit.

As to the coupler, I have no idea. Perhaps a pump shop (most large cities have a few pump shops).

I will get into more detail a little later, busy now...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks