• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 at lansing MI pickup Q.

cruz

well, I'm buying an 818 from gl, at lansing, anyways, I have never been over to that site, and was just wondering what the site was like, is it fairly easy to find/get to, and to get in, any help from people who have been there is appreciated. The reason I have decided to ask this question is last summer I went to pick up a trailer at Rock Island armory, and I had a heck of a time trying to find the gl office in the pouring rain, I could see my trailer in the lot but couldn't find the office and when I called, the gl guy wasn't picking up as he was in a forklift away from the phone. also hopefully it won't be long for the euc to clear, I have seen a lot of people getting the euc cleared quickly lately, for my little trailer it took way to long

thanks in advance

P.S.
this site is awesome, I just recently found it and everyone here is so helpful, it is an almost unbelievable resource

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Are you going under through Chicago or over the hump through the UP? The site is close the the E way and fairly easy to get to. The yard guys name is Joe and dont expect any help from him other than pointing to your truck. He will usually let you work on your stuff unless he is in a hurry and it cold out.. LOL.. If that happens just pull it outside the front gate and take your time. Are you driving it home?
I here you about Rock Island.. That guy has been the worst to work with for me...

Pappa-G

Its located off of 696 at;

3111 W. St Joseph St
Lansing, MI 48906

Its easy to get to and the guy there is ok but wont ever get the initiative box checked on his annual review. "These guys (guys inspecting trucks)climb over these things like they are made of gold, it's just more crap to sell to me."

The National Guards USPFO is next door along with the State vehicle Auction place.
Good luck!

cruz

I'm going down around through chicago, and planning to drive it home, also the guys climbing all over they are probably looking to resell the trucks, and if so I would assume that they would want to avoid at all possible any trucks with known problems, so they probably are gold to these people, not just big kid toys like they are to me

TedG

i69 to i496 to waverly rd exit. head north to st.joe, turn right, east, entrance on right about 0.5 miles. enjoy the 818!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks