• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 dead on I70 exit 39(update, problems fixed)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oilcan and Buff have a busted front driver wheel bearing on the 818 and need help. Tire blew up too.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

Anyone know the inner and outer bearing numbers? A search of the cross reference and 5ton forum didn't answer it.

gimpyrobb

the inner and outer races (cups) are the same ,civilian number 592 or 592A. The inner bearing is a 593 and the outer bearing is a 596.

gimpyrobb

Ok, got them a Napa phone number, hope they have the bearings. They are near Charleroi, PA 15022 if anyone can help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of bearings that I bought for an M52 that had the same thing happen to.

I can overnight them if needed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oilcan is not able to get the bearing off the front spindle. He is still in need of help. Sounds like he is gonna need a whole front spindle and hub to install for now, or a shop to get the old bearings off and replaced. Any and all help is needed still. Please post up or Pm me, Gimpy or Kipman, if you have anything to offer.

They are at the off ramp of I70 at exit 39 (South of Pittsburg Pa)

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, I just spoke with Kipman. Kipman is headed to Oilcans place to remove the hub and spindle off of Oilcan's other M818(with Oilcans dad). Then His dad is gonna haul the parts out to Oilcans location. Long night ahead for them, but hopefully everything should come together ok. We'll update as it goes. If anyone is in the area, help is still appreciated,but maybe not needed now.
:grd:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm closer I'll trade parts for parts they can just send me replacements when they get home I already have parts off and ready to go if needed.

Stand by, I expect he will be calling you in a few minutes!

Thanks

gimpyrobb

I asked him if I could bring anything, he said nope too far. They are like an hour in Pa. Thats 4ish hours from here.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't confirmed it, but I believe the plan has switched to Adamsoffroadperformance to supply them with all the needed parts, he is about 1/2 the distance as Kipman, and he has the parts already off a truck!

Last edited:

kipman

Andysoffroadperformance is headed to the rescue, glad he was able to help, big thanks goes out to him and all who posted up.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news indeed!

might as well throw this in now....

nopics

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks