• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 recovery

reb87

My wife and 3 of my 5 boys and I took our suburban to colorado from nebraska to pick up my new m818 tractor last sunday. We got there and spent the night then got to FT Carson around 10am on monday. According to the auction the truck would start. When I got to it the batteries wouldnt quite turn the engine over. I pulled the cables off the batteries and charged each one for 5 minutes with the suburban. When I reconnected the batteries it started right up. We spent a couple hours loading my pallet mover and tire bead breaker on and then I drove it to the gas station to fill it up and realized that the winch pto was in gear even though the lever was in the neutral position. I couldnt get it out so when the truck was filling I got under it and forced the pto into neutral. We started out for nebraska. By the time we hit burlington co I figured the truck was sound enough to make it home so I set my wife and the suburban free. We went north to Wray and then took hiway 34 into nebraska. It stormed pretty hard on us all the way to mccook and we had water comming in around the windsheild and door windows. When we got to mccook we waited out the storm in walmart and I got silicone rubber and sealed all the windows. We rolled into kearney about 5am and I decided I had to stop for sleep. My son Ethan was riding with me and so we got about 4 hrs of sleep, got up for breakfast and headed the 3 hrs home. Didnt have any problems until the next day when I tried to start it and it wouldnt fire. I figured fuel filter so changed it, still no start so my wife pulled me with the suburban for 1/4 mile. It still wouldnt start so I posted here in the 5ton forum. Several people gave me suggestions but Crash AF came thru with the fix. Tuesday night after I was home and had shut the truck off, I pulled the emergency kill just to see what it felt like. It pulled out and went in with no problems so I forgot about it. Wednesday when I tried to start it I never gave the emergency kill a thought. I didnt realize that the kill has to be reset under the hood and dosent reset when the lever is pushed back in.

I hauled my JD 450c crawler on my miller tilt bed trailer(about 22000lbs) and it worked great. Now I want to find some 127 trailers to haul farm supplies to the field for the planter and sprayer.
Thanks to several colorado guys for offering to help along the way. This is a great forum.
Ross/Nebraska

Attachments

poppop

This problem is the reason I think I got my 813 from GSA. No one could start it so they thought something was wrong with it. I found the problem in short order and it fired right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks