• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 w/ turbo & jakes haulin logs

atvcat33

after updatin to a turbo and jake brakes i really havnt used the truck, but hauling 50,000 gross i sure could feel a lag of power, the turbo is a holset ht3b, but the fuel pump doesnt pump fast enough, i only build 10 psi of boost, my pyro barely hit over 800*, but the jakes work the best, that was more worth the buck. the pump needs to be upgraded bigtime, the truck barely can climb and 3rd is almost too slow but it maxes out in rpm on big hills and the truck cant hold rpm in 4th, the big tires dont help either, i might be better off getting a civilian truck and painting that green lol, eventually i will get the button changed......

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we see a few closeups of that front end lift?

sandcobra164

Pretty neat looking set up. Did you move the air filter to the passenger side fender to ease the trouble of plumbing the air intake tube to the turbo? At first, I was going to post that the truck is not an M818 based on that. Then I got to thinking, heck, it'd save some pipe and would make perfect sense.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would think the big tires would cut your accelertion down quite a bit. they should improve the top end though

REDWOLF

As long as it is od green it does not matter how slow it is. In my book. Plus how many civi rigs could drag that same load true a field of mud up to the axels.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks