• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 with new 35 ton lowboy

atvcat33

just picked up a 1968 strick 35 ton manual detach. this trailer is 13000lbs and did i ever feel all that weight going up hills. i will fix all the rust, blast, prime and paint in army colors and i will be at iola in fall. it is 40 ft long, and a 22' well. so the duece will fit right on. i ran my own light for the back that were 24V. that five ton pulled that trailer like it was a baby. i made all turns with ease. the trailer neck and duals come within 2 inches of hitting though. i plan on hauling other military friends equip and trucks back from sparta. And i AM FOR HIRE send me a PM for a quote. i have flatbeds too.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice setup :-D. It's been awhile since I've delt with a manual neck. We went to hyd years ago but the manual necks work fine if you know how to use them. They can be tricky untill you figure out how to block them and such (every truck and trailer is different).