• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

83 CUCV Blazer wont start

44CCKW

I have a 83 CUCV Blazer that just stopped starting.It was fine a few days ago,Now nothing.I changed the glow plug card and checked all the fuses in the fuse box and still no good.The solinoid does click as it should and the truck turns over fine.I pulled one glow plug to see if it was heating and it was not.The truck will start and run fine all day with a shot of WD 40.I even tried putting a push button start in it to by pass the control card and still no good.Any ideas?? What am I missing?
Harold

Somemedic

I think you covered it when you stated the GP wasnt warming up. Fix that or confirm that the plugs are warming up. After that the truck should fire. Get back to us with what you find.

44CCKW

What would stop the glow plugs from heating?The originl glow plug set up seems to work fine.The solinoid clicks and the wait light works as it should but still no go.Then,When I switch it to the push button with the Ford solinoid the same thing happens,No start.What is between the solinoid and glow plugs that can go bad?Is there a in line resistor I am not seeing?I thought that after the solinoid it was just wires to the glow plugs?
Harold