• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'84 AM Genral M35A2C tranny ???

Mechanos

What transmission would most likely be found in a 1984 AM General M35A2C? I looked on the spec sheet in another section and all it stated was a "common transmission - Spicer 3053A". Looking a the shift pattern, it looks very much like a Borg-Warner T-34, 35, or 36 (don't remember which ones of those are OD 5th and which one is direct 5th). Anyway, the trucks I'm more familiar with are older IH Loadstars & Cargostars and these trucks used the BW trannies that have that same shift pattern.

Are there any other trannies that easily swap in?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless somebody has been fooling around, your truck will have the 3053A trans. There are a few manufacurers but its the same transmission. Every so often a truck comes out of the gov't with a 3052 trans which is from a gasser. It has a different shift pattern and 5th gear direct. I've only encountered this twice. Did you get the truck from the gov't of a private owner?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM for the transmission is TM 9-2520-246-34 and covers the 3052 and 3053A. You shold be able to download it from the logsa site for gear ratios etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks