• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85' M1009 build thread

I don't understand why the truck did not climb that staircase : locked both ends + doubler. Looks like tires aired down ok....should have worked.

needed to stay away from one rock that destroyed my front yoke... and needed tires with more of an aggressive bite. I cant doo alot of wheel spin that is required... and so most buggies that run up that staircase spin tires to help the momentum...

Horsis

I am impressed by your build
i have 85 m1009 in very good condition and every thing works
i live in AZ Black canyon city
was going to buy a utv and decided i will spend money on my m1009
looking for some ideas
my goals are to make it more dependable, safe in the terrain i live in
freeway friendly and air woould be nice also
any ideas appreciated

After a very, very long hiatus... I have brought Beulah out of retirement to get her road worthy for the winter... something has happened to the charging system.. i have fresh dom tubing for a custom rear bumper, HID lighting, finish rear disc conversion... and possibly add the long and anticipated 6.5 turbo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks