• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 M1009 LIFT KIT help

crownjewel4

I have an 85 M1009 that I love, and have done a ton of work to. Debating putting a 4 inch lift.
Anyone have suggestions on the best Kit to purchase?
Also with a 4 inch lift, what would be the largest tire possible without modifying fenders?

Thanks all,
Appreciate honest feedback and recommendations.

lostintexas

Most of the tire size question will depend on how you use the truck. Serious offroad use with 4" lift 33" if it is a lifted truck mainly on road use 35" will fit easy and 37" will probably work if you don't flex it much. Just for reference, I'm running 33" with zero lift and no trimming or rubbing issues with minor offroad use.

beltfedonly

I put a 4 inch Rough Country lift on mine and run 37 inch HMMWV radials on US Wheels from Summit Racing. Clears without any problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks