• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 m1009 swap to 6.5L TD

2INSANE

Negative the other one that I started will be the main build thread I just wanted to get some input. I guess I'm going to just rock the 6.2 until it dies!

Unless I get that set up and sell the parts I don't need and buy the heads, intake, exhaust, turbo and I think that IP I bought from you will work if not that as well.
10-4! I am thinking if you would have bought that motor, your rig would be sitting a long time because of all the modifications you would have to do to make it work.

The 6.2 is still a great motor! There are ways to make it bomb proof just as good if not better then a Optimizer. But at that point it would be another huge project lol.

But on the other hand, if you are willing to drop $5500 and you are dead set on an Optimizer, then buy a longblock Optimizer and swap your parts over. Sell the rest, get a $500 core on your 6.2 and call it good!

If you go this route, I have 1 6.5 mechanical IP and 1 serpentine set left ;-)

Last edited: