• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 Chev 6.2 fuel pump on ‘88 humvee?

Farnorth

I’ve got a fuel pump on my 88 humvee that I suspect is weak (no 9 psi at bleeder). I am unable to get the pump with the third port on it for the vent line. At least at the moment, I’m here in Canada and some things are really hard to come by. From what I can see an 86 Chevy 6.2 L fuel pump would fit and provide the exact same pressure, a slightly higher flow rate, but does not have the third port for the vent on the top that goes to the air cleaner. I don’t plan on doing any water forwarding with this unit, will this pump work in a pinch? Thanks.

Carrera911

I used something similar on a truck I was selling. I found out later you can get a pump for a early H1 which has the vent nipple for roughly the same price at auto parts stores. It might not be quite as commonly in stock but not that hard at all to come by. If you really want a deal I’d find one on amazon and probably have it at your door in 2 days free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farnorth

Did it work ok without the vent line? As far as I can tell, that 3rd line is only to allow the diaphragm to move freely when submerged in deep water.

Carrera911

Yes it worked fine. I just put a small screw in the end of the vent line. The old pump was completely shot and wouldn’t pump any fuel. New one worked great for roughly 20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farnorth

Thank you. Correct pump from rockauto is 2 weeks away, and amazon will not ship that same correct pump to canada for some reason. I'm going to give that 86 chev pump a go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks